VIRGINIE´S BEAUTY TIPS & TRICKS
What’s the best way to apply fragrance?
- Always apply fragrance before you get dressed– it can stain your clothes and damage your jewellery.
- Apply fragrance lightly onto your pulse points – behind your ears, your inner wrists, inner elbows and the backs of your knees.
- Fragrance evaporates much faster from dry skin. If you have dry skin, try applying a fragrance-free oil or moisturizer before your
fragrance so it lasts longer.
- Don’t rub your wrists together as this crushes the perfume molecules and spoils the fragrance.
- Wait until the fragrance has dissipated completely before reapplying.
- Enjoy the attention!
What is meant by the top, middle/heart and base notes in a fragrance?
These notes are groups of smells, which emerge at different times after a fragrance is applied, depending on rates of evaporation.
The Top note is the smell you perceive immediately. This is usually a fresh, light scent, which evaporates quite quickly – anywhere
from a few minutes to about half an hour. The middle/heart notes form the body of the fragrance and start to emerge before the top
notes have fully dissipated. These are usually characterized by softer, rounder scents and last for up to about an hour. The base notes
form the foundation of the fragrance. They linger the longest – several hours, and are usually characterized by rich, warm scents.